System requirements: Windows 95 / 98 / ME / NT 4.0 / 2000 / XP.
Program creates table of contents (TOC) of HTML files from header <Hx>
tags and page titles [<title> tags]. Table of contents is an important
navigational facility for your web site or HTML documentation. It is also an
outline of the whole publication, a kind of synopsis. The TOC greatly increases
the overall value of the information.
Main features of the program are:
- Can process single or multiple files.
- Automatically uses existing named anchors inside <Hx> tags or creates
new ones if none.
- Automatically links TOC items to header tags or to pages [if <title>
- User sets range of <H> tags being used in TOC. E.g.: <H1>
through <H3>, or <H2> through <H6>. This can be used to
create TOCs of various depths from the same files. Titles can be thought
about as <H0> tags.
- Completely re-entrant. If you change the file after
you have generated TOC, when you again supply it to the program, the program
doesn't create redundant named anchors and doesn't duplicate TOC.
- Can put numbering (like "1.20.4.") both into TOC items and
<h> tags. If multiple files are processed then numbering is kept in
order throughout all files.
- TOC appearance is based on a template. User can create a new template or edit
existing one. Program is shipped with some
templates. You have total control over TOC style.
- User specifies a place where to insert TOC with <!--TOC--> tag.
Without this tag program selects a place automatically.
- True cross-browser compatibility. Works for all range of browsers: from
text based Lynx and a browser of a handheld device to the last versions of IE
The program is not free. You must buy it, if you use it beyond the trial