- Changed: setup procedure is more simple now. In most cases 1EAV configures
automatically and everything that user needs to do is to set up an email client.
- Changed: main user interface screen. Less buttons - less confusing. Added
the program status indication and the stats summary.
- Changed: the icon in the system notification area (tray) is always on. It
also has different states to signal activity or problems.
- Added: program now supports simplified account resolution, when the client
uses username@host[:port] as a username.
- Changed: evaluation. You can evaluate all features of the program without
limitations during 30 days.
- Fixed: multipart content-type handling when no boundary is provided. This
caused crashes of earlier versions of 1EAV under some rare circumstances.
- Fixed: relaying of "TOP X 0" command. The message passed as a
response to this command (only headers) is not handled by 1EAV now.
- Fixed: resource consumption in Win98. Now it takes less CPU time.
- Changed: zlib DLL is now zlib1.dll, which is in accordance with ZLIB
official recommendations. In the case of the bugs found in ZLIB you can use
the latest versions of this DLL that could be downloaded from ZLIB web site.
- Changed: compiled with the latest version of ZZEE libraries.
- Other minor fixes and changes are made.
Changed HTML to text converter:
- Fixed processing algorithm. Now it works much better when 3 or more nested
tables are needed to be rendered.
- Changed table cell width algorithms in some cases.
- Changed handling of empty rows.
This is a service release, which doesn't introduce any new features.
- Fixed a bug in HTML to text converter. That bug caused a program crash in some very rare cases.
- Changed "width algorithm" and table rendering in HTML to text converter.
- Slightly changed TCP/IP algorithms to add more stability in some cases.
- Setup procedure slightly changed to include automatic multi-language handling.
- Timeout protection related delay is reduced from about 500ms to about 100ms, this will allow much faster processing when
receiving hundreds of messages.
- Debug POP3 log now replaces clear text password by asterisks. :)
- The program has been renamed to 1st Email Anti-Virus.
- Account Wizard is added. It automatically sets accounts for MS Outlook
Express and Outlook. It also has undo and update feature.
- The algorithm of alternatives selection is changed. If "Leave as
HTML" is selected, then plain text alternative is not automatically
selected if provided, instead both text and HTML alternatives are left, and HTML is
filtered to remove dangerous stuff. Now the program is completely
- Troubleshooting / audit logging is enabled:
- Program can keep log of all POP3 commands.
- Program can keep all original unconverted email messages.
- HTML conversion changes:
- "Safe HTML" mode now removes "href" attributes which
protocol from anchor and similar tags.
- Changed algorithm of handling tags not contained in the HTML 4.0
specification, this allows to perform better HTML conversions to "safe
- Timeout protection is implemented. It protects from email client timeouts
on long messages.
- Maximum allowed line length in POP3 protocol is set to 64K now.
- Protection from loop-back connections to the program's port is implemented.
- POP3 protocol command parsing algorithm has been slightly changed for more
- Fixed bug related to empty Content-Type header (this bug terminated
ENH 2.0 and earlier).
- Changed algorithm of parsing message headers. This will add tolerance to
some malformed headers.
- Help file is changed.
- Can leave HTML [ providing necessary filtering ]
- Has S/MIME compatibility mode
- Slightly changed message handling algorithm
- Multilanguage support has been added
- Slightly changed user interface
- Help file has been changed significantly
- Fixed some minor bugs
- Compiled with the latest ZZEE libraries
- Fixed the bug related to malformed attachment file names handling
- User interface is changed slightly
- Help file is remade